This PDF crochet pattern describes in US terminology, how to crochet a classic retro Beetle tissue holder, like the one in the pictures.
Finished size will be approx. 10,6” (27 cm) long, 4,3” (11 cm) tall, 4,7” (12 cm) wide, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size E (3.5 mm).
The Beetle in the picture was made using Stylecraft Special DK. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn. The Beetle has an opening-flap at the bottom, to insert/refill the package of tissues.
Note: only the package of tissues, without the box, go inside the Beetle.
The pattern is mostly worked in continuous rounds. The windows are worked in rows.
Skill level: intermediate (for crocheting, as well as for pinning / sewing parts together)
for continuous rounds: 5 sc = 1”(2,50 cm) 5 rounds = 0,8” (2 cm)
for rows: 5 sc = 0,8” (2 cm), 5 rows = 0,8” (2 cm)
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn in green (approx. 120 gr, 350 m / 390 yds), grey, white (both approx. 25 gr, 66 m / 73 yds), black (approx. 40 gr, 120 m, 130 yds), small amounts of red, orange.
- Fiberfill stuffing, preferably a sturdy kind, 2 mother of pearl buttons, diameter approx. 0,7” (1,7 cm), 2 red buttons diameter approx. 0,6” (1,5 cm), 1 sewing snap button, diameter approx. 0,5” (1,4 cm)
- 2 Chenille wires or pipe cleaners, approx. 6” (15 cm) long
- 1 Piece of soft / flexible plastic canvas, approx. 5,5” x 9,5” (14 x 24 cm)
- The content of 1 square tissue box (I used a Kleenex, size: 4,3” x 4” x 4,72” - 11 x 10 x 12 cm (l x w x h))
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, optional: white and black sewing thread
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, increasing and decreasing, bobble stitch (instruction included), surface slip stitches
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- German (Deutsch)
- French (Français)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Beetle Retro Classic Car Tissue Holder Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.