With an owl oven mitt and pot holder like these, holding any hot dishes will be easy and fun!
This pattern (US terms) will guide you to crochet a set of an owl oven mitt and a matching colored pot holder as shown in pictures, made using sport weight cotton yarn and crochet hook G (4 mm). They will be made by working 2 strands of yarn, held together.
The pattern contains instructions to make a right hand mitt as well as a left hand mitt.
The finished size of the oven mitt will be approx. 9.8” x 5.5” (25 x 14 cm) including the thumb. The pot holder will be approx. 7” (18 cm) in Ø.
Approx. Gauge: 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
- crochet hook size G (4 mm)
- cotton yarn for the oven mitt in green (approx. 90 gram, 144 yds, 223 m), yellow (approx. 20 gram, 54 yds, 49 m)
- cotton yarn for the pot holder in green (approx. 35 gram, 95 yds, 86 m), yellow (approx. 15 gram, 40 yds, 37 m)
- small amounts of cotton yarn in white and copper
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, optional: sewing thread in matching colors
- 2 black buttons Ø approx. 0.8” (2 cm)
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, surface slip stitches, working through back of loops, increasing, decreasing
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Owl Oven Mitt Pot Holder Animal Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.