Here’s a chance to crochet your very own groovy camper van hippie bus tissue box cover!
The cover fits over 2 standard rectangular tissue boxes, stacked on top of each other. This way you’ll always have 1 spare tissue box on hand!
This PDF pattern will guide you to crochet a tissue box cover as shown in picture, made using soft acrylic yarn (DK / 8 ply) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
The cover can also be made using wool or cotton yarn, as long as you can meet gauge for this pattern. The bus in picture is made using Stylecraft Special DK (similar to SMC Bravo). For US crocheters sport weight yarn will give the best result.
Finished size will be, including bumpers, approx. l x w x h : 9.8” x 5.1” x 5.1” (25 x 13 x 13 cm).
Approx. Gauge: 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: intermediate
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn: white (approx. 75 gram), grey, blue (both approx. 35 gram), small amounts of brown, black, red, orange
- 2 buttons for the headlights, diameter approx. 0.6“ (1.5 cm)
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, measuring tape, pins, optional: black and white sewing thread
- 2 rectangular tissue boxes, stacked on top of each other (I used Kleenex, size: 9” x 4.3” x 2.4” - 23 x 11 x 6 cm (l x w x h))
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, increasing, decreasing, surface slip stitches
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- German (Deutsch)
- French (Français)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Bus Tissue Box Cover Camper Hippie Retro Van Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.