This pattern (US terms) will guide you to crochet an adorable amigurumi hedgehog as shown in pictures. The hedgehog’s body and legs will be joined together as you go along; the head, ears and spine part will be sewn on separately.
Most parts in this pattern are worked in continuous rounds. The spine part is worked in rows, using 2 strands of yarn, held together. Finished size will be approx. 5.12” (13 cm) tall, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), and hooks sizes E (3,5 mm) and J (6 mm).
If you wish to make a larger or smaller version of this hedgehog, you can just use thicker / thinner yarn and matching sizes crochet hooks. If so, you will need different amounts of yarn and different size safety eyes, than stated in the materials list. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn. The hedgehogs in the pictures were made using Stylecraft Special DK yarn.
Skill level: intermediate
Gauge: is not important for this pattern; just work tight enough so your stuffing will not show through the stitches.
- Crochet hooks, size E (3,5 mm) for the body, and size J (6 mm) for the spines
- Yarn for the body: mocha (approx. 50 gr, 170 yds, 155 m), yarn for the spines: dark brown and medium grey (each approx. 22 gr, 66 yds, 68 m) or any colors of personal choice
- Pink and black yarn or embroidery floss
- Stitch markers, tapestry needle, pins, scissors, fiberfill stuffing, 2 safety eyes 8 mm
- optional: embellishments of personal choice, for example a fabric / silk flower and matching color sewing thread or fabric glue
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, loops stitches using double strands of yarn held together, increasing, decreasing
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Happy Hedgehog Amigurumi Crochet Pattern PDF Woodland Animal Toy
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.