May there always be an angel by your side.
This PDF Crochet Pattern will guide you to crochet an angel tea cosy as shown in pictures, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
Wool or cotton yarn will be suitable too, for this pattern. The angel in the pictures was made using Stylecraft Special DK.
The pattern is suitable for any standard model teapot, 1.1 liter, circumference approx. 15.75” (40 cm), measured around the widest part of the pot, excl. the spout and handle.
There will be an opening under the handle to cover your teapot easily, with a snap button closure.
Finished size will be approx. 10.6” (27 cm) tall including angel, circumference approx. 16.5” (42 cm).
Individual parts are worked in rows, as well as worked in continuous rounds.
Approx. Gauge: Before you start, you may need to check your gauge. This is important for fitting the cover over your teapot. 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: intermediate
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm), standard size teapot; 1,1 liter
- yarn in white (approx. 60 gr, 195 yds, 180 m), gold (for hair), skin color (each approx. 25 gr, 80 yds, 75 m), silver grey (approx. 20 gr, 64 yds, 60 m), small amount of yellow
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
-1 sewing snap button (press stud), diameter approx. 0.06” (14 mm), or Velcro
- black embroidery floss, ribbon (approx. length 30” (80 cm))
- optional: aluminum gold colored crafting wire and pliers for cutting
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single -, half double -, double crochet, bobble stitch, increasing, decreasing.
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Holy Angel Tea Cosy Christmas Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.