Namasté! If you love to combine spirituality and crochet together, than this
Lotus Flower Pillow Cover might be the perfect pattern for you!
This PDF crochet pattern describes in US terms how to crochet a pillow cover as shown in pictures, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn (wool or cotton will be suitable too) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm). Stylecraft Special DK was used to create the cover in the pictures.
Finished size will be approx. 16.5” (42 x 42 cm) including the edge, suitable for a slightly smaller sized square pillow insert. (for example 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm))
The back side of the pillow cover is worked up in an attractive checkered pattern using matching colors and has an opening with button closure across the center, to easily insert / remove the inside pillow for washing.
The pillow cover is made in 2 separate panels, worked in flat rows (tapestry technique), then joined together and finished off with a nice edging all around.
Skill level: intermediate crochet.
Gauge: 8 sts x 9 rows: 1,57” x 1,57” (4 x 4 cm)
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn in green (approx. 165 gr, 530 yds, 485 m), white (approx. 75 gr, 240 yds, 220 m), taupe, pink (each approx. 55 gr, 177 yds, 160 m), brown (approx. 30 gr, 96 yds, 88 m), soft pink (approx. 15 gr, 48 yds, 44 m)
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
- square pillow insert approx. 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm)
- 3 buttons, diameter approx. 0.8” (2 cm), transparent or colors of your choice
- optional: kitchen scale, measuring tape; to weigh/measure separate balls of yarn
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, tapestry technique, optional: blocking
Full color charts and written instructions are both included.
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Lotus Flower Pillow Cover Tapestry Namasté Tapestry Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.