This PDF Crochet Pattern will guide you to crochet a tea cosy as shown in pictures, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
Wool or cotton yarn will be suitable too, for this pattern. The tea cosy in the pictures was made using Stylecraft Special DK.
The pattern is suitable for any standard model teapot, 1.1 liter, circumference approx. 15.75” (40 cm), measured around the widest part of the pot, excl. the spout and handle.
There will be an opening under the handle to cover your teapot easily, with a snap button closure.
Finished size will be approx. 10.6” (27 cm) tall including the doll, circumference approx. 16.5” (42 cm).
Individual parts are worked in rows, as well as worked in continuous rounds.
Approx. Gauge: 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: intermediate
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm), standard size teapot, 1,1 liter
- yarn in mocha (approx. 55 gr, 177 yds, 160 m), white (approx. 15 gr, 45 yds, 55 m) small amounts of red, dark green and soft pink
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
- 1 sewing snap button (press stud), diameter approx. 0.06” (14 mm), or Velcro, chenille wire approx. 9,8” (25 cm)
- black embroidery floss, 1 pair 7 mm safety eyes, 2 pink heart shaped buttons Ø approx. 0,4” (1 cm)
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single -, half double -, double crochet, bobble stitch, working through back of loops, increasing, decreasing.
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Miss Gingerbread Tea Cosy Christmas Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.