When it happens, step over it and keep walking!
This pattern describes in US terms how to crochet an adorable pillow cover as shown in pictures, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn (wool or cotton will be suitable too) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm). Stylecraft Special DK was used to create the cover in the pictures.
Finished size will be approx. 16.5” (42 x 42 cm) including the edges, suitable for a slightly smaller sized square pillow insert. (for example 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm))
The back side of the pillow cover is worked up in an attractive pattern using matching colors and has an opening with button closure across the centre, to easily insert / remove the inside pillow for washing.
The pillow cover is made up in 2 separate panels, worked in flat rows (tapestry technique), then joined together and finished with a lovely edging all around.
Skill level: intermediate crochet.
Gauge: 8 sts x 9 rows: 1,57” x 1,57” (4 x 4 cm)
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn in mint (approx. 110 gr, 355 yds, 325 m), white (approx. 90 gr, 290 yds, 265 m), copper (approx. 30 gr, 97 yds, 89 m), brown (approx. 50 gr, 161 yds, 147 m), black (approx. 3 gr, 10 yds, 9 m), yellow, (approx. 5 gr, 17 yds, 15 m)
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
- square pillow insert approx. 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm)
- 3 buttons, diameter approx. 0.7” (1.8 cm), transparent or colors of your choice
- optional: kitchen scale; to weigh separate balls of yarn
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, tapestry technique, optional: blocking
Full color charts and written instructions are both included.
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Pillow Cover It Happens Funny Emoticon Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.