Complete your Easter home decorations with a cheery and colorful Polka Dots Chicken like this, handmade by you!
This pattern describes in US terms how to crochet a sweet amigurumi chicken with colorful Polka Dots as shown in pictures. The pattern is worked in continuous rounds.
Finished size will be approx. 7.5” (19 cm) tall, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), and hook size E (3.5 mm). If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this chicken, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn and a matching size crochet hook.
This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn and it’s great to use some of your yarn scraps for the Polka Dots. Make sure though to use the same weight of yarn for the entire project.
The chicken in pictures was made using Stylecraft Special DK.
Gauge: is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so the stuffing will not show through the stitches.
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn for the chicken: white (approx. 50 gr, 160 yds, 148 m), small amounts of red, yellow and soft pink Yarn for the Polka Dots: small amounts in orange, soft pink, green, purple, red, yellow, blue
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 8 mm, black embroidery floss
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- Optional: white sewing thread, plastic canvas, pvc pellets, crafting glue (that dries quickly)
Stitches used: slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, bobble stitch, increasing, decreasing
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- German (Deutsch)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Polka Dots Chicken Amigurumi Easter Animal Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.