This PDF pattern (US terminology) will guide you to crochet an adorable sheep pillow cover, as shown in pictures, made using double strands of acrylic DK yarn and crochet hook J (6 mm).
Finished size will be approx. 16.5” (42 x 42 cm), suitable for a slightly smaller sized square pillow insert (for example 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm).
This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn. Stylecraft Special DK was used to create the pillow cover in the pictures.
The sheep works up fairly quick by crocheting it with 2 strands of yarn, held together. The loop stitches will give a nice, thick and soft fabric, perfect for a super soft cuddly pillow cover.
There is an opening with a button closure at the back side, to easily insert / remove the pillow for washing. Parts in this pattern, will be worked in continuous rounds, as well as in rows.
Skill level: intermediate
- Parts in rows: 5 sc = approx. 1.6” (4 cm)
- Parts in continuous rounds: 5 sc = approx. 1.2” (3 cm), but not critical for this pattern; just crochet tight enough so the stuffing will not show through the stitches.
- crochet hook size J (6 mm)
- square pillow insert approx. 15.75” x 15.75” (40 x 40 cm)
- yarn in cream (approx. 250 gr, 805 yds, 735 m), beige (approx. 200 gr, 644 yds, 588 m), mocha (approx. 65 gr, 210 yds, 192 m), pink, yellow (each approx. 15 gr, 50 yds, 42 m) and small amount of yarn in green
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch markers, tapestry needle (sharp tip), pins, scissors
- 1 pair 13.5 mm safety eyes, optional: brown embroidery floss
- 3 matching colored buttons, Ø approx. 1” (2.5 cm)
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, loop stitch, increasing, decreasing
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- German (Deutsch)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Sheep Pillow Cover Animal Cushion Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.