A teacosy like this will make your special brew of spring tea taste even better!
This PDF crochet pattern will guide you to crochet a lovely spring sheep teacosy as shown in picture, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn (wool or cotton) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
There will be an opening under the handle to cover your teapot easily, with a snap button closure.
The sheep is sewn on top of the cosy, to cover the knob of the teapot nicely.
The pattern is suitable for any standard model teapot, 1.1 liter, circ. approx. 15.75” (40 cm), measured around the widest part of the pot, excl. the spout and handle. Finished size will be approx. 8.3” (21 cm) tall including sheep, circ. 16.5” (42 cm).
Gauge: 5 single crochet = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm), standard size teapot, 1,1 liter
- yarn in white (approx. 45 gr, 145 yds, 130 m), taupe (approx. 35 gr, 113 yds, 103 m) small amounts of soft pink, green, brown
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
- 1 sewing snap button (press stud), diameter approx. 0.06” (14 mm), or Velcro
- white sewing thread, black embroidery floss, 1 pair 6 mm safety eyes
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, increasing, decreasing, bead stitch and 5 double crochet bobble stitch (instruction included)
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is available in:
- English (US terms)
If you like this design, see my pattern shop to view all Millionbells crochet patterns.
After purchasing, you will receive a download link on the thank you page at checkout. You will also receive a download link by email that is valid for 30 days.
Sheep Teacosy Animal Easter Cosy Crochet Pattern PDF
Please note: Because of the digital nature, PDF crochet patterns can not be exchanged, canceled or refunded after purchasing.